Friday, June 12, 2009

Good News!

I went to see Dr Downey on Tuesday of this week and upon ultrasound, noticed a small gestational sac and fetal pole. WE'RE PREGGO! The heart rate was low, so we will go back next Thursday to see if it is up to normal. (Can you believe the heart is already beating, at 5 weeks and 5 days! Such a miracle!) Dr Downey felt that it had probably just started to beat so it starts a little slow. I am excited, but weary of getting too attached. Next week will be more reassuring if the heart rate has come up. It should be in the 100-160s range. We are ready to be excited, but it is a long road ahead. Per this ultrasound, my due date is February 4th, 2010. A long way off! I have had some cramping and abdominal pain this week, which scares me a little, but the Lord knows what is best, so we try not to worry. I will post again next week with updates on baby status. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: